Are you a van lifer looking to connect with like-minded individuals on the road? Look no further! In this article, we’ll introduce you to some of the best vanlife communities and meetups to join in 2023. From online forums to in-person gatherings, there’s something for everyone.
Vanlife is a lifestyle that has been growing in popularity over the past few years, with more and more people choosing to live on the road in converted vans. While it can be a fulfilling and adventurous way of life, it can also be isolating at times.
That’s where vanlife communities and meetups come in. These groups provide a sense of community and support for vanlifers, as well as opportunities to connect with other travelers, share tips and resources, and make new friends.
- Facebook Groups: Facebook has a wealth of van life-related groups, where vanlifers can connect and share information. Some popular groups include “Vanlife Diaries,” “Vanlife Europe,” and “Vanlife Australia & NZ.”
- Reddit: Reddit is another great resource for vanlife communities. Check out the “Vandwellers” subreddit for discussions on everything from van conversions to road trip tips.
- Instagram: While Instagram may not be a traditional online community, it’s a great place to connect with other vanlifers and find inspiration for your own journey. Look for hashtags like #vanlife, #vanlifediaries, and #homeonwheels to connect with other vanlifers.
- Vanlife Gatherings: Vanlife Gatherings is a series of events held throughout the year in various locations across the United States. These gatherings bring together vanlifers from all over the country for a weekend of camping, workshops, and community building.
- Descend on Bend: Descend on Bend is an annual gathering held in Oregon, where hundreds of vanlifers come together to camp and share stories. The event includes live music, workshops, and even hot springs soak.
- NomadFEST: NomadFEST is a gathering of full-time RVers and vanlifers held in different locations each year. The event includes film screenings, workshops, and community-building activities.
- Vanlife Northwest: Vanlife Northwest is a group for vanlifers in the Pacific Northwest region of the United States. The group hosts meetups and events throughout the year, including camping trips and potlucks.
- SoCal Vanlife: SoCal Vanlife is a community for vanlifers in Southern California. The group hosts meetups and events throughout the region, including beach cleanups and hikes.
- Vanlife Québec: Vanlife Québec is a community for French-speaking vanlifers in Québec, Canada. The group hosts meetups and events throughout the province, including camping trips and vanlife workshops.
Resources for Women:
- Women on the Road: Women on the Road is a community for women who live or aspire to live on the road. The group hosts online events, offers resources and support, and features stories from women who are living the vanlife.
- Sisterhood of the Traveling Vans: Sisterhood of the Traveling Vans is a community specifically for women vanlifers. The group hosts meetups and events throughout the United States, including camping trips and skill-building workshops. They also offer a mentorship program for new vanlifers.
Resources for Families:
- Fulltime Families: Fulltime Families is a community for families who live or travel in RVs or vans. The group offers resources and support for families on the road, as well as opportunities to connect with other families through meetups and events.
- Roadschool Moms: Roadschool Moms is a community for homeschooling families who live or travel in RVs or vans. The group offers resources and support for families who are homeschooling on the road, as well as opportunities to connect with other homeschooling families through meetups and events.
Resources for Solo Travelers:
- Solo Women RVers: Solo Women RVers is a community for women who travel alone in RVs or vans. The group offers resources and support for solo female travelers, as well as opportunities to connect with other solo women through meetups and events.
- Solo Travel Society: The Solo Travel Society is a community for all types of solo travelers, including vanlifers. The group offers resources and support for solo travelers, as well as opportunities to connect with other solo travelers through meetups and events.
- Vanlife Association: The Vanlife Association is a non-profit organization that aims to support the vanlife community through education, advocacy, and community-building. They offer resources for vanlifers, as well as opportunities to get involved in advocacy efforts and community events.
- Vanlife Diaries: Vanlife Diaries is a social media platform and community that aims to inspire and connect vanlifers around the world. They offer resources and support for vanlifers, as well as opportunities to get involved in community events and social impact initiatives.
As you can see, there are many different vanlife communities and meetups to choose from in 2023. Whether you’re looking for online support, in-person gatherings, or resources tailored to your specific needs, there’s something out there for you.
By connecting with other vanlifers, you can build a supportive community on the road and make lifelong friends along the way. So what are you waiting for? Join a vanlife community or meet up today and start living your best vanlife!
Leave a Reply